One Last Reminder to join us this week!
The Boulder Forestry Division is hosting an open house at the Rayback Collective.
Boulder’s Trees are a very important asset to the ecosystem of our community. The capacity of our urban forests to support a healthy resilient city is being challenged by major stressors such as EAB (emerald ash borer), climate change, and urban development.
Most of our public trees are managed by the Boulder Forestry Division. They are currently working on their long term Urban Forest Strategic Plan
that will help shape the future of the trees they care for and manage. But we still need your help in creating new ways and opportunities to care for our entire tree canopy. A majority of Boulder’s trees are on private property. We all have an important role to play as community members, schools and businesses and local government.
This is why we need you to attend Tree Speak….
- To learn about our urban canopy and how our choice for future action creates opportunities for a more positive outcome
- To understand the immediate threats and how this will affect our canopy in the next 5-10 years
- To see how #TreeOpp is a great community program that is taking ash wood debris and changing people’s lives
- We will be introducing you to some of our new mapping tools. We would love to hear what you want to see
- Opportunity to share your insights and ideas for the future of our trees
Come on out. We need your voice.
Food and Drink will be available for purchase.
Food trucks: T/ACO, Los Dos Bros, Big Daddy BBQ, Lomito